Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving Forward

Artwork by Ingrid Blixt

The work is being created in the studio, the kiln is being fired and I'm getting excited about new sculptures. It's been a very busy and challenging time lately for myself and my husband. With all of the normal day to day things still going on I've been working hard trying to promote my Etsy shop, Alina Arts, no sales yet but I'm still hopeful. I think promoting it in Scottsdale will help. I'm increasing my hours where I can at my day job and looking for more PT work anywhere I can find it. Craig is basically doing the same thing with his web design/graphic design business, he's so talented and brilliant in his work. We're both hopeful that things will turn around for us, that our businesses will begin to generate more income, this poor economy is really killing us though. Our home and keeping it is on the forefront of our minds these days and to top it all off one of our beloved dogs, Root, passed away on Sunday, we had to put him down. I don't like how that sounds though, we had to help him pass on, we had to assist in releasing his spirit from his broken down body, we had to help him say goodbye because we think he didn't want to leave us, because he always looked after us. I sometimes wonder how many times a heart can be broken into pieces before you can't put it back together again. The pieces just don't fit together like they used to. The human spirit, spirit in general, is resiliant, it knows that not all life is trouble and pain, that things pass and change and there are a multitude of splendid moments that fortify the heart and soul. So through our passions, my art, my riding, my love for family, friends and Life, I keep moving forward, looking forward to those moments of joy and peace where everything comes together and the heart is renewed. The bitter gives you the ability to taste the sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment