Sunday, February 8, 2009

Love has Wings/New Work

Love has Wings

I've been working a lot in the studio getting ready for Scottsdale but I've posted some new to Etsy work in my shop Alina Arts. The piece above was made a year or so ago and it's a departure from my more recent, simple, modern pieces, it utilizes a variety of found objects but I really like this sculpture. It was made during a time where I felt the need to express things more literally through my art and I was enjoying all the different elements that went into the piece. Love has Wings feels like a good piece to present so close to Valentines but it's more how I've been feeling lately, uplifted by the love in my life, thankful. Wanting to release it instead of keeping it hidden away for a rainy day. I hope you get a chance to stop by my shop and look at the new pieces and a very lovely and sweet Valentines Day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment